Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fall Bouquet

A few weeks ago we drove through Colorado and had seen all the aspens changing a beautiful golden yellow. I have been sort of disappointed since then noticing that very few trees here in Denver have begun to change colors.  I guess it just hasn’t been cold enough.

Anyways, I wanted to have some fall colors around our place but I really didn’t want to go buy some fake leaves at the store.

1) They aren’t as good as the real thing.

2) They just look fake.

3) If I don’t have to spend $$ I don’t want to.

So, Marie and I went for a walk today to see if we could find some festive fall leaves and, to my surprise, we did! 

IMGP0070

I was a little hesitant to just walk around our neighborhood, imagining some home owner running out his front door yelling at me for pulling branches off his trees.  Luckily, we have a nice path that runs through a park across the street and then follows a city drainage way.  I kept to the path thinking whatever I could find along the path would be city land and not private property.

We found lots of beautiful leaves and even some berries!

IMGP0073

IMGP0074

These were some of my favorites, I just love the multiple colors on one leaf!

No comments:

Post a Comment