Monday, February 6, 2012

Downton Abbey

I’m sure many of you have heard about the British miniseries Downton Abbey. A story of an aristocratic family and their household servants set in North Yorkshire in the early 20th century.

Downton Abbey

I first came across it while in the final weeks of my pregnancy with Leah.  I was big and sick and was passing my days away watching British movies (my favorite) on Netflix. While Marie was napping of course…

Anyways, I devoured Season One of Downton Abbey in (if I remember correctly) about three days. Embarrassing I know, but I kid you not, its the best of British period drama mixed with a side of soap opera as you follow the individual stories of all the characters. I couldn’t eat it up fast enough!

When I discovered that there was a Season Two I couldn’t wait! The plots thicken and the cast of characters has grown. It airs on PBS on Sunday nights, but if you need to catch up you can watch the previous episodes of Season Two here.

Also, as I was looking around online for a photo to post I found out there is going to be a Season Three! September can’t come fast enough…

1 comment: