Friday, October 29, 2010

Civic Responsibility

Yesterday my mail in ballot arrived. So this morning I sat down to fill it out.

IMGP0063

For years election time didn’t mean much to me.  Being Canadian… I couldn’t vote.  I didn’t pay much attention to the issues and had no opinion on which candidates I liked better.

This is my second election season since becoming a citizen and my how things have changed!  I wouldn’t say I’m a politics lover (or even liker), but I’m much more aware of what’s going on.  This may not be from my own incentive, but when your husband decides to dive head first into the political world to make a difference because no one else will…

Lets just say that our conversations in the last few months have been politics heavy!

I’m so proud of my husband for knowing what he believes in and deciding to take a stand when no one else would.  Who knows what the next few days will bring as election day comes closer.

IMGP0064

He could win or lose… but I’m happy to vote for him!

1 comment:

  1. Tyler's running for state senate? That's awesome! I wish him grace and blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete