Monday, October 4, 2010

Hotdish Anyone?

Many of you may be asking yourself “What is a hotdish!?”  Friends, you are not alone.

I too did not know what what a hotdish was until I met my husband and was introduced to his small town Minnesota culture. Growing up I knew them as casseroles, but even so I could probably count on one hand how many times I had eaten one.  The concept of a hotdish has always alluded me, it seemed it didn’t matter what you threw together in a dish – voila – hotdish.

Recently, I came across this recipe and not only did it look tasty, the post went into detail explaining the art of the hotdish.  There seems to be a specific formula! I’m excited to see what types of creations I can come up with that hopefully will be worth repeating (or eating!).

Mexican Chicken Casserole

The Mexican Chicken Casserole that we tried tonight was quite yummy.  A good stick to your ribs sort of meal.  The only thing I changed was not using corn tortillas. We had some flour tortillas that I wanted to use up and I think it turned out perfectly!

I’m not sure if I’m the only one who has never understood the mysterious hotdish, but hopefully I’ve helped shed light on how to master it.

No comments:

Post a Comment