Friday, October 1, 2010

It’s My Feast Day!

It's St. Therese's feast day today and I'm so excited because that means it's my feast day! 

St. Therese

I was confirmed when I was 14 and since I was joining the Church at the same time it's safe to say I didn't know a whole lot about Church history - or saints.  So when I had to pick a saint name for my confirmation name I was clueless.  I asked my dad if he knew of any good saints (silly question, now that I think about it) and he told me he really liked St.  Therese and gave me a book about her to read.

I don't know if I was being lazy or just led to choose her as my saint, but I didn't look any further.  I'm not even sure if I read five pages of the book!

It hasn't been until the last few years that I have really learned about and grown to love St. Therese and her 'Little Way'.  I have read many books written about her and continue to be drawn to the simplicity of her devotion and sacrifices.

"Love proves itself by deeds, so how am I to show my love? Great deeds are forbidden me.  The only way I can prove my love is by scattering flowers and these flowers are every little sacrifice, every glance and word, and the doing of the least actions for love."

I hope you all have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment