Thursday, September 23, 2010

Starbucks on the Cheap!

I love Starbucks just like the next guy (or gal), but let’s be honest. It’s just too expensive to indulge all the time. My friend Cynthia recently introduced me to the Vanilla Bean Frappuccino from Starbucks and with one sip I was hooked!

Now, like I’ve said, Starbucks isn’t cheap. And my husband might pop a blood vessel if I bought a frappuccino every time the mood struck me. So, the ingenious man that he is, he found how to make it himself for much cheaper!

I am here to spread the love and give you the recipe.

 20100923_12471                    3575692303_104cfbe9cf

Vanilla Bean Frappuccino

2/3 cup milk
2/3 cup ice
2 tablespoons Maxwell House International Vanilla Bean Latte powder mix
2 scoops of vanilla bean ice cream

Blend together until smooth. This makes 1 large serving.

Don’t be fooled by my cup only 3/4 full. I couldn’t resist drinking some before the picture was shot. It was almost to the rim!

A little tip my husband learned in making these is not to use the big ice cubes you make yourself in an ice cube tray. The ice you buy in a bag at the store grinds much finer. This means we have a huge bag of ice sitting in our little freezer, but you know what? I could care less if I know I can have one of these babies anytime I want!

No comments:

Post a Comment