Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Costume in the Works

I started sewing a costume for Marie today, and since this is my first attempt at costume making I wanted to keep it pretty simple.

I’m not sure if we will be taking her trick or treating this year, but Tyler’s office is letting all the little tykes come in on All Saints Day (Nov. 1st) to get candy from everyone’s desk.  I thought it sounded pretty cute.

The only stipulation – they have to come dressed as either a saint or a figure from the Bible.

IMGP0007

Can you guess what Marie will be?

I’ll give you a clue – lots of white fabric and blue ribbon – that pretty much sums it up.

Ok, ok so some of you may say that Blessed Mother Teresa isn’t a saint yet… well give me a break!  She’s close enough and her outfit seemed like the easiest one by far!

I only have a few more yards of ribbon to sew and this little costume is done.  I’ll be sure to show our little Mother Teresa all dressed up with her candy loot that we are looking forward to eating for her!

1 comment:

  1. I love making my kids costumes! Mary Clare was the Infant of Prague for her first all saints day.

    ReplyDelete