Thursday, March 3, 2011

One of God’s Greatest Gifts

A Mother.

On Presidents Day my mom finally ended her battle with cancer.  God called her back home and now she can sing His praises with the angels.

Wedding Reception

While I was home last week, we had a chance to visit with our parish priest who was to celebrate her funeral mass.  One thing he said to us, which I have thought a lot about in the time since, is how my mother’s life (and all our lives) is a gift.  God gives us the gift of life and the gift of those who are close to us and then when he calls us back we must give that life back to Him as a gift.  Our lives have never belonged to us and we can only hope that we give God glory in the short time we have here on earth.

This has given me a lot of peace in the last few days as I think of all the times to come when I know I will miss my mom being here on earth. 

I want to thank everyone who has sent their sympathies and offered prayers for my mom and our family. 

3 comments:

  1. Your right, your mom is and always has been a gift to me and all of us who have been blessed to have her in our lives. Thanks for sharing that comforting message Lynelle. You and your family are in my prayers. I so appreciated seeing everyone on the weekend. Marie is such a beautiful child. Take care Lynelle. Love Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynelle-we will all miss Marcie but will always remember her kindness and her sweet smiles. The photo on her obituary is just how I will always see her.
    She has left a wonderful legacy by way of the family she knew and loved and of those yet to come, and through her friends and her volunteering.
    Marcie is still very loved as are her whole family. Take Care - Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, Lynelle. May God bless your family and welcome your mother speedily into His presence!

    ReplyDelete