Friday, March 4, 2011

Sweet Baby Face

I took this picture a few months ago with the intent to use it for some type of blog post… not really knowing what.

IMGP0079

Her face was just so pudgy and cute.

Now when I look at it I have a new sense of amazement – there is no drool, snot or trace of a left over meal anywhere on her beautiful face.  How those moments are very few and far between these days.

Lately, Marie has been working on her eye teeth and with it has come crankiness and an excess of saliva and snot that she won’t let me get near at any cost.  Sigh…

If we ever venture out of the house, I try my best to clean her up.  But the scene usually ends with a half wiped face, tears and me throwing my arms up in surrender and hoping that anyone who sees her will have mercy on me and not think I’m a negligent mother.

I heard recently of others using microfiber cloths to wipe their children’s faces instead of a scratchy washcloth or tissue with great results.  I picked a few up today while I was out and I’m praying for a miracle.

I want my beautiful, clean little face back!

1 comment:

  1. You aren't the only mom to go out with kids who have dirty faces! Either I miss a spot or two on my boys or they get dirty again between home and destination.

    ReplyDelete